The Indian Lawyer & Allied Services is committed to maintaining robust privacy protections for safeguarding the privacy rights and personal information of any person who accesses and uses the website (“User”) www.theindianlawyer.in (“Website”) that is owned and operated by The Indian Lawyer & Allied Services (“Law Firm”).
1. Access to Information
2. Retention of your Personal Data
- Your Personal Data shall not be retained for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect or process them, unless otherwise required for the purposes of fulfilling any legal obligation.
- You also have right to request us to update, amend, correct, complete or delete your Personal Data retained by us through email.
- We may also retain your Personal Data where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to The Indian Lawyer & Allied Services, or in order to protect your interests.
4.How do we protect your information?
- We take the safety of your Personal Data and its confidentiality very seriously and we provide reasonable security safeguards commensurate to the sensitivity of the Personal Data being handled and have implemented security practices including but not limited to technical, operational and physical safeguards to protect your information. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Data.
- The Website is scanned on a regular basis for any known vulnerabilities, however, the User ought to ensure that his system is also scanned and secure.
- Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for your Personal Data, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
5. Disclosures to third parties
- We do not sell, trade, publish or otherwise transfer your Personal Data to outside parties, unless we provide you with advance notice and obtain your prior consent to do so.
- This does not include our trusted service providers, including without limitation, our hosting partners, who assist us in operating the Website, conducting our business, or serving our clients; so long as they agree to keep this information confidential and do not have any independent use of the information, we disclose to them. You hereby give us your consent to transfer your Personal Data to our trusted service providers.
- We may also release certain limited information when its release is required to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety, investigate fraud or respond to a Government request.
6. Your Rights
- You may request us to confirm whether or not certain Personal Data belonging to you is being processed by The Indian Lawyer & Allied Services, and if yes, seek access to such Personal Data or other information pertaining to such Personal Data such as the purpose of processing, category of personal data and names of third parties having access to such Personal Data.
- You also have the right to ensure that the Personal Data shared with us is accurate and complete, depending on the purpose of processing such Personal Data.
- You also have the right to removal of your Personal Data. Such removal shall not be affected, however, if required for compliance with any legal obligation or for enforcing any legal claims.
7. Links to other websites
The Website may include links to other Websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. The Indian Lawyer & Allied Services does not provide any Personal Data to such third party websites. If you submit your Personal Data to any of those sites, your information will be governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website you visit. The Law Firm shall not be liable for any loss, damage, claim or expenses suffered by you as a result of accessing these third party sites and features.